Monday, March 10, 2008

Adding friends to one's life

I didn't have a lot of friends growing up. I didn't know what they were. My folks are not particularly friendly people. They hold much to themselves, relying on religion for their joy and happiness.

Perhaps one could guess, I have had the good fortune, partially supplied by my parents, to realize the above fact(s).


I recently extended a hand of friendship to someone. Someone I've know for 6-7 years. They have (well...) baldly stated that they don't need a new friend. Uh, WOW!

It's frustrating. Both to be rejected, and to see someone in such fear that they are afraid to be someone else's friend. But I stated already, it took me a very long while to learn who I am now.

And I have the rest of my life to wait. GRINS are free, with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home