Saturday, March 08, 2008

Changes

-as a tribute to the late Buddy Miles-

Changes, mmmm. Had a small stroke a few months ago. I lost 15 pounds in two weeks. Got on the straight and narrow with changes to my diet and seem to have recovered almost 100 per cent.

The doc put me on 3 meds. I used them for about a month and shitcanned them all. Changed my life a little, coming to the realization, (quote- end quote?) Nah. I was just a lucky man. I know how to run my life and simply losing some weight was a large step. 58 years of trying to make a door in a brick wall seems to have paid off too.

Life wasn't all good, but some of these comments are for them that lurk.

Change.... I'm not mad at anyone anymore. I'm not mad at myself. Period, paragraph, quotation marks!

Ben Stein wrote a column, I think regularly, for Penthouse magazine. He had a column, Ben Stein's Day Off. I have a simply excellent article from that column, which I ripped out of the mag. His 12 step program for making a life out of his life. I'll research and publish a url if it's available. Simply a great bit of advice.

I have saved bits and pieces of advice from and about success for much of my life.

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky Ahh.

I would love to offer gobs and gobs of advice for getting oneself out of a down. But the only advice I can offer is what Winston Churchill said: "Never, never, never give up".

Back to some of Ben Stein's thoughts, or to the flavor of some of them; Leonardo da Vinci had exactly the same amount of hours in the day as everyone else. Learning how and where to spend them isn't a large trick. This statement is rather pompous on face, learning to spend them isn't easy. For me it seems to have come with age, I don't think, well, I know I'm not any smarter than anyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home